Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Le Diplomate Cafe



I discovered this little sandwich shop in Irvine by accident once and vowed to go back and eat there again. My friend Kevin ate with me last time and suggested we go there for lunch and then catch a movie together. I did not protest.

Now! what really matters to me... the food!
Kevin got the "smooth sailing" smoothie. It had strawberry, coconut, banana, pineapple, and yogurt. I took a little sip and it was delicious! As for his sandwich he got the chicken broccoli sandwich. It came with baked chicken breast, steamed mushrooms and broccoli, ranch(or garlic) sauce, and swiss cheese. Delish.

As for moi, I had the Caribbean cruise smoothie. It had mango, strawberry, peaches, and yogurt. OH MY GOD!!!! It was heaven. I think I'll make it sometime soon with my magic bullet. Which reminds me that either I'm going to steal it from my mom when I move to Portland or I'll have her buy me one as a house warming gift. Leaning towards option two. Anyways, for my sandwich I got the French Connection. This is an amazing sandwich I want to also make at home and when I do I'll put the recipe on here so y'all can enjoy it too. It comes either hot or cold, and I went with hot. Comes with roast beef, lettuce, tomato( i took it out ), mustard, mayo, and brie cheese. The brie is what made me fall in love. This is the first time I ever enjoyed brie with anything. Also they had little ramekins of sriracha sauce. I love sriracha so I added it to mine, grabbed a stack of napkins and dug in. If you're adventurous like me, grab two and dig in. Enjoy!

Kevin












Le Diplomate Cafe
4237 Campus Dr.
Ste B161

Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 854-5161

No comments:

Post a Comment